Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It doesn't have to be exspensive:Curbside finds

I've finally learned a little bit of money and a lot of patience goes a long long way in decor. If you are willing to wait for the best deal and understand the fact your home/room is going to be a work in progress, you can really accomplish a lot with little money.Sometimes the best items are free! Don't be afraid to shop garage sales, thrift shops and even curbsides on trash night!

One morning a few weeks ago I was taking bigger little kid off to school when I spied a glint of brass from a driveway not too far off. I slowed my truck to a crawl and oogled the box of brass rejects left at the curb. Aha! A brass chandelier with a lot of potential!I raced home, cleaned it up and took "before pictures". Then out to my chandy remodeling studio, aka the shepherds hook to spray paint!!
This color is actually a rustolium color but its very close to Krylons tropical blue.
The shades came from a thrift store for .59cents each! Total cost breakdown:
Spray paint: 2.95$
Shades: 3.54$
Chandelier: free----------------------
$6.49
It doesn't always have to come from a catalog to be chic.

No comments: